By: Chris Brunner
A driver lost his life Monday night after losing control of his vehicle and hitting a utility pole. Speed may be a factor in the Broward Sheriff’s Office’s ensuing traffic homicide investigation.
The driver, who has now been identified as 20-year-old Jeffery Ramaglia of Coconut Creek, was heading east on Wiles Road in unincorporated Pompano Beach at 9:05 p.m. when, for reasons as yet unknown, he lost control of his dark-colored sedan and drove over the median, flipped and hit a utility pole. The driver was thrown from the car, which then caught fire. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue extinguished the fire and pronounced the driver dead on scene. Debris from the crash hit another vehicle, but its occupants were uninjured.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.28Church by the Glades Holds 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Event
- News2020.10.27Artist Honors the Military in ‘Soldier Stories’ at the Coral Springs Museum of Art
- News2020.10.27Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Wednesday
- News2020.10.25Latest Crime Update for Coral Springs Through October 20