By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Doulas Eagle Regiment continued their incredible season after reaching the semifinals of the 2022 Grand National Championships in Indianapolis.
With 100 bands competing, the Eagle Regiment placed 17th overall in preliminaries (10th in Music), which allowed them to advance to the Semifinals. The Eagles were then one of 34 teams to compete in the semifinals and 21st overall.
“We are so proud and thankful for all of the students and families of the Eagle Regiment,” said Band Director Steve Rivero.
Earlier this year, MSD finished fifth in the Bands of America Orlando Regional Championship. They are also a four-time Bands of America Regional Finalist and three-time State Champion.
Next, the Eagle Regiment will compete in the Florida Marching Band Championships starting on Nov. 19.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.11.21Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Wins Grand Champion For 2nd Straight Season
- News2022.11.1910 Coral Springs and Parkland Volleyball Players Compete in BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.11.192 New Soccer Coaches at Coral Glades Pick Up First Win
- News2022.11.18Coral Springs, Coral Glades Girls Basketball Win Season Openers