By: Sharon Aron Baron
If you have a horse-obsessed youngster ages 9 to 16 who’s looking for something to do this winter break, sign him or her up for Winter Break Equestrian Day Camp at Tradewinds Park & Stables. The camp is offered from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays, December 23, 26, and 27 and December 30 and January 2 and 3. Students will receive instruction in such areas as horse grooming, routine horse care and maintenance, appropriate use and care of tack and equipment, nutrition and feeding, and anatomy of the horse. Riding instruction is also included, weather permitting. The fee is $75 per day, and registration is ongoing at the park office daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
WHERE: Tradewinds Park & Stables
3600 W. Sample Rd., Coconut Creek, FL 33073
WHEN: Mondays, Thursdays, & Fridays, December 23, 26, & 27, and December 30, January 2, & 3, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
WHO: For ages 9-16.
HOW: $75/day. Registration is accepted at the park office, open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup
- Crime & Safety2019.09.16Coral Springs Weekly Crime Update Through September 9
- News2019.09.16Coral Springs Resident Dies in Workplace Accident
- Crime & Safety2019.09.16Man Sentenced to Prison After Molesting Children at Coral Springs Gymnastics Studio