By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Glades golf team continued their terrific season with a win in their match at the Country Club of Coral Springs against Coral Springs, Charter, Nova, and Monarch.
Freshman Shannon Glynn had a season-low score of 44 for the girls. Head Coach Jarrod Transue says she has been working hard and practicing despite having fewer matches than the boys.
“During last week’s match vs. St. Thomas, I could see her confidence building, making more pars, and just playing smart,” he said. “She’s definitely going in the right direction as our only girl and a freshman.”
James Transue led the way with a 37 for the boys, while Carter Brooks finished one shot back. Brayden Peeler had a 39, and Justin Laing shot a 40 in their win.
Next, Coral Glades will prepare for the BCAA Tournament on Monday, October 9.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year