By Jim Saunders
After setting a record of $4.89 on June 13, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in Florida has dropped during the past two weeks and was at $4.67 on Monday, according to the AAA auto club.
AAA pointed to decreases in crude-oil and gasoline-futures prices amid concerns about the broader economy.
“Gas prices are moving in a favorable direction, as millions of Americans prepare to embark on an Independence Day road trip,” AAA spokesman Mark Jenkins said in a prepared statement. “Despite the recent declines, gas prices are still likely to be the highest for this holiday in history.”
The average price a year ago in Florida was $2.94 a gallon. The most expensive gas in Florida is in the West Palm Beach, Gainesville, and Naples areas, while the least expensive is in the Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola and Panama City areas, according to AAA.
Lowest Prices in Coral Springs – reported on June 27, 2022.
$4.49 Chevron 8161 Wiles Rd near Riverside Dr
$4.55 Costco 4621 Coral Ridge Dr & Wiles Rd
$4.56 BJ’s Wholesale 620 Riverside Dr & NW 7th St
$4.67 Exxon 8268 Wiles Rd near Riverside Dr
- Florida News Service is the largest legislative news team in the state, providing provide gavel-to-gavel coverage of House and Senate sessions and more.
- News2022.08.08Recreational Marijuana Initiative Launched in Florida
- News2022.07.29Lauren Book Faces Challenger in Re-election Bid for Florida Senate
- Events2022.07.01Save On All These Items During Florida’s Sales Tax “Freedom Week”
- News2022.06.27DeSantis Signs Bill Requiring Landlords to Conduct Background Checks on Employees