By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Humane Society of Broward County’s Animal Assisted Therapy Program has teamed up with the Alvin Sherman Library at Nova Southeastern University for kids to enjoy an online Wags & Tales Mini- Storytime.
The mini pre-recorded sessions will continue each Saturday through June, where kids will watch HSBC AAT volunteers reading to their therapy dogs on the library’s Facebook page. Log on to watch at facebook.com/AlvinShermanLibrary
Marni Bellavia, Manager of the HSBC AAT Program said, “Children typically read to animal-assisted therapy dogs at several Broward County libraries throughout the community. However, since all the libraries are closed, this is another way for the kids to enjoy reading in a fun way.”
Also, the videos will be uploaded to the Broward County School’s Canvas system, which is the current distance learning platform the students are taking classes on. Teachers will be able to access the videos for curriculum use.
The program begins Saturday, May 2, at 10:30 a.m.
Got News? Send it to Coral Springs Talk Here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.23Video: Patient at Broward Health Coral Springs Celebrates 101st Birthday
- News2020.09.23Sawgrass Nature Center Raising Funds for Environmental Education Project for Title 1 Schools
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’