By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Humane Society of Broward County’s Animal Assisted Therapy Program has teamed up with the Alvin Sherman Library at Nova Southeastern University for kids to enjoy an online Wags & Tales Mini- Storytime.
The mini pre-recorded sessions will continue each Saturday through June, where kids will watch HSBC AAT volunteers reading to their therapy dogs on the library’s Facebook page. Log on to watch at facebook.com/AlvinShermanLibrary
Marni Bellavia, Manager of the HSBC AAT Program said, “Children typically read to animal-assisted therapy dogs at several Broward County libraries throughout the community. However, since all the libraries are closed, this is another way for the kids to enjoy reading in a fun way.”
Also, the videos will be uploaded to the Broward County School’s Canvas system, which is the current distance learning platform the students are taking classes on. Teachers will be able to access the videos for curriculum use.
The program begins Saturday, May 2, at 10:30 a.m.
Got News? Send it to Coral Springs Talk Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.07Register Now for the ‘King of Coral Springs’ Chess Tournament in Coral Springs
- News2021.05.06Pet Therapy Dogs Delivers Message in Honor of National Nurses Week
- News2021.05.06City of Coral Springs Facilities Still Require Face Masks, Despite Executive Order
- News2021.05.06Pet Supermarket Honors a ‘Teacher’s Pet’ that Helps Students Learn