By: Chris Brunner
A dog will be euthanized after attacking a Bakersfield CA boy who was protected from further injury by the family cat on Tuesday.
It was all caught on video when 4-year old 4-year-old Jeremy Triantafilo was attacked while riding his bike Tuesday in the driveway of his home according to the ABC News Affiliate in Bakersfield.
“The owners later delivered the dog the Bakersfield Animal Care Center where the dog will be quarantined for ten days then euthanized,” The Bakersfield Police Department reported in a news release Wednesday. The male Labrador/Chow mix was approximately eight months old, the Bakersfield Police Department reported.
The family’s feline Tara quickly came to the rescue and saved the day, and it was all captured on video.
In a YouTube post titled, “A Cat Saved My Son,” first you see the Jeremy riding his bike by his home’s driveway, when a dog comes from around a parked SUV and grabs at his leg, seemingly trying to drag the tot away.
In a flash, Tara races toward the pooch and attacks, scaring it off and giving chase.
Erika Triantafilo, was watering a tree when she heard her son’s screams. She told 17 News the dog turned on her when she went to chase the canine completely off her property.
Jeremy required a few stitched to close the bite wound to his left leg.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation