By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella boys swim team had the opportunity to participate in Districts, finishing in third place on Thursday.
The Trojans competed against 15 other schools and saw 200 and 400-yard freestyle boy’s relay teams come first.
Competing were Mason Green, RJ Martin, Zarek Wilson, and Miles Green. Wilson and Mason won two individual events to qualify for regionals, while Miles and Martin had top-three finishes.
Mekhi Dawkins was the other swimmer to advance after coming in eighth in the 50-yard freestyle in the 50-yard freestyle. Noel Marzon, Alex Kelin, Carstern Dunham, Matthias Arguellas and Julian Anton competed as well.
The girls also competed, and while no one advanced to Regionals, they had several swimmers with solid performances. Their team was Savannah Dailey, Madison Dearen, Ashly Torres, Jordan Weintraub, Rylee Staats, Daniella Fiero, Jonel Bailey, Joslyn Brown, and Dani Garmendia.
Next, the JPT boys team will prepare for Regionals on Thursday, November 4, at Academic Village Pool in Pembroke Pines.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.03Coral Springs Charter Gymnastics Star Sydney Crouch Signs to Compete in College
- News2021.12.02Coral Glades Girls Basketball Off to Best Start in 13 Years
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Picks Up 1st Win
- News2021.12.02J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Team Soaring as Season Progresses