By: Matt Rothman
After a 13-year hiatus, the J.P. Taravella cheerleading squad returned to the District Championship and took first place in the Medium Non-Tumbling Division on Saturday.
The Trojans faced Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Boyd H. Anderson, Pompano Beach, and Blanche Ely High School.
“We are so proud of the hard work and dedication the girls and boys have put in this season so far,” coach Julie Fernandez said. “This is a big accomplishment for the school as this is the first time the cheer program has competed in 13 years.”
Next, JPT will compete in the Sunshine Challenge on January 20th at Nova Southeastern University.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Brianna Godfrey Nearly Perfect in Debut With Maryland