By; Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella girls flag football team earned their first victory of the season Tuesday night after defeating Coral Glades 12-6.
The Trojans defense played exceptionally well, allowing only six points, and intercepted a pass for their first touchdown this season. It came from Adamarie Cruz for 50 yards. JPT also had an offensive touchdown later in the game from T’Nishe McCloud before giving up a late score.
For Head Coach Scott Goodman, it was great to see the girls participating all year get a win in this crazy season with such a small group.
So far this year, JPT has played Piper, Nova, Coral Springs, and Western High School before they were finally able to earn a win in their fifth game.
Up next, the Trojans will play flag football against Pompano Beach High School, which comes in with a 4-4 record on Monday, April 12 at 4:30 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer
- News2021.05.03Alexandra Bruno Makes History Again for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.05.02Coral Glades High School Softball Set to Play in Regionals
- News2021.05.02Coral Springs Charter Baseball Makes Regionals For 1st Time Since 2013