By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella star soccer player Zachary Zub is officially on his way to playing college soccer at Delaware Valley University.
Zub says this has been a long-term goal and is excited to make the most of the opportunity.
“It’s a great feeling knowing that I am done with the long recruiting process and that I found a school where I feel welcomed,” Zub said. “I am really excited to start this fall, and I’m ready to make an impact on the team.”
Zub started playing soccer when he was nine and travel soccer five years later. He started with Kaptiva Soccer Academy and has played with Shulz Academy for the last three years. He also played on the J.P. Taravella soccer team and had a goal and two assists in five games this year.
In high school, Zub was also the 2022 United States Marine Corps Distinguished Athlete of the Year for displaying courage, poise, self-confidence and leadership as a high school varsity athlete.
When looking where he wanted to play, Zub found himself at home in a successful position moving forward with coach Shaq Stephenson. He had multiple soccer scholarship offers, including Southwest Baptist University and Culver Stockton College, but after visiting the campus, he says his decision was clear.
Before attending college, Zub wants to fine-tune his game. He plans on starting his summer training and wants to be ready right away when he steps on campus.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.28Coral Springs Charter Celebrates a Stellar Year of Athletes with Nine Students Signing Letters of Intent
- News2023.05.2810 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Make Their College Picks
- News2023.05.27Parkridge Christian Academy Set to Host Summer Basketball Camp
- News2023.05.25Coral Glades High School Welcomes in New Athletic Director Howie Schrager