By: Sharon Aron Baron
JP Taravella Academy of Finance hosted their annual Mock Interview Day on Thursday where twenty business partners, many of whom are members of the Coral Springs Chamber of Commerce, participated in the important event.
The Chamber interviewed the Academy of Finance (AOF) juniors in a rotation, so that each student had at least two, sometimes three job interviews.
According to AOF Lead Teacher Laurie Acosta, “The business partners were very impressed with how well-prepared, well-dressed and well-spoken our teens were. With resumes in hand, they were ready to present themselves and represent JPT.”
Academy of Finance juniors must complete a 150-hour paid summer internship in order to complete this honors program which is designed to prepare students for college and careers. Many of these students are QuickBooks certified, have Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), have learned customer service skills, and are ready and eager to work.
Acosta said that while several students have been offered internships, several are still looking. If you are a business in Coral Springs or Parkland, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in hiring a highly qualified Academy of Finance teen this summer.
JP Taravella Academy of Finance is a NAF Distinguished Academy. The National Academy Foundation (NAF) is an acclaimed network of career-themed academies that open doors for underserved high school students to viable careers. For more than 30 years, NAF has refined a proven model that provides young people access to industry-specific curricula, work-based learning experiences, and relationships with business professionals.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event