By: Enza Motta
Family-owned Juana La Cubana Cafe serves up traditional dishes with top-quality and fresh ingredients.
Owner Manuel Coya, from Cuba, founded Juana La Cubana in Guatemala in 2001. Twelve years later, it was sold and opened its doors to Dania Beach residents.
In 2021, Juana La Cubana opened in Coral Springs, thanks to Fort Lauderdale residents David and Victor Molina, who appreciate Cuban gastronomy, leading them to partner up with the original owners and expand the franchise.
Choosing Coral Springs was an easy decision for the Molinas.
“It’s super tranquil, super beautiful, and the residents are very respectful,” said David. The city also offers growth opportunities because of the lack of Latin restaurants.
Their menu offers traditional entrees like croquetas ($3.60), yucca with mojo ($7.25), mariquitas ($6.45), and tostones ($9.70).
Their best-selling dish and customer favorite, Vaca Frita ($10.25), is a must for steak-lovers.
It’s a crispy but tender flank steak marinated with mojo, garlic, and herbs and topped with grilled onions giving the dish a nice balance of sweet and savory flavors.
The world-famous Cuban sandwich ($8.99) is an ideal dish for those on the move and number two on the list of customer favorites.
Toasted and crispy Cuban bread stuffed with tender roast pork, smoked ham, melted swiss cheese, mustard, and pickles explodes in the mouth with a burst of flavors that customers ask for more.
They offer other staple dishes, such as picadillo ($12.25), ropa vieja ($13.75), palomilla steak ($13.25), shrimp scampi ($13.45), fried coconut shrimp ($13.95), and fish of the day (market price) cooked in garlic or Varadero-style.
The restaurant offers lunch specials daily from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Dishes include lunch portions of picadillo, chicken fricase, grilled chicken breast, and more at $9.99.
Juana La Cubana Cafe is located at 10334 W Sample Rd in Coral Springs.
Juana La Cubana Hours
Sunday 11:30 a.m–9:00 p.m.
Tuesday 11:30 a.m–9:00 p.m.
Wednesday 11:30 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
Thursday 11:30 a.m–9:00 p.m.
Friday 11:30 a.m–9:00 p.m.
Saturday 11:30 a.m–9:00 p.m.
Got a restaurant you’d like us to feature? Let us know! Contact Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Enza Motta grew up in Venezuela and graduated with a journalism degree from the Universidad Santa Maria. She loves to cook and explore the culinary world in her spare time. She has been a resident of Coral Springs for a year.
- Eat2022.07.21SPOTLIGHT: Tarka Karahi and Kabab House Brings Pakistani Favorites to Coral Springs
- Eat2022.07.10SPOTLIGHT: Osteria Mazzi Brings a Pizza of Italy to Coral Springs
- Eat2022.06.28SPOTLIGHT: Juana La Cubana Café Offers Regional Cuban Creole Dishes in Coral Springs
- Eat2022.06.11SPOTLIGHT: Veteran-owned “Let’s Chill” Brings New Flavors to Coral Springs