The recipient of the 2015 Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Scholarship was chosen from the Art Guild’s winners given at each of the five local schools. This year, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Adrianna Andretta won this award.
Artist Laurianne MacDonald, who heads the program for the festival awarded Adrianna with a $1,500 scholarship which goes to a student who will be pursuing art, or a related field, as a career. Adrianna will be attending Ohio State University this fall and studying industrial design.
The Coral Springs Festival of the Arts is held the third weekend in March each year at The Walk on University Drive. It features an art and craft show produced by Howard Alan Events, musical entertainment, performing arts, and a children’s area. The Festival is a non-profit corporation run entirely by volunteers. The Festival is currently seeking new members to join its organizing committee, if you are interested please go to the Festival’s website, www.csfoa.org and “Contact Us”.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.22Effective Immediately Coral Springs COVID-19 Vaccine Site to Requires Proof of Florida Residency
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.20See the Works of Photographer and Filmmaker Cheryl Maeder at the Coral Springs Museum