By: Sharon Aron Baron
A fourteen year-old girl was sexually assaulted after a man broke into the Coral Springs home she shares with her mother.
On Monday, Alfonso Mendoza, 44, of Coral Springs, broke into a home through a rear sliding glass door at the 10400 block of NW 36th Street.
According to the police, Mendoza, made his way to the girls room and placed his hand under her clothing and touched her genital area, then tried to rape her. When the girl began to scream, Mendoza allegedly ripped off her pajama bottom and underwear and placed his hand over her mouth.
The girl’s mother awoke to the sound of her daughter screaming and ran to her room. When she got there she saw Mendoza escaping through the bedroom window, according to the police report.
The girl’s mother yelled for help as she ran outside. A neighbor, who was sitting outside, heard the yelling and saw the man running away the home. The neighbor chased Mendoza, who escaped.
When police arrived, they set up a perimeter and Mendoza was taken into custody. After the teen and her mother identified Mendoza as the man who had been in their home he was arrested and charged with lewd battery and burglary battery.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home
- News2021.02.25Congress Reintroduce Bipartisan EAGLES Act Mass Violence Prevention Bill
- News2021.02.25Coral Springs Man Becomes a Millionaire After Routine Visit to Grocery Store
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs Teen Among Elite Group of Students Named to Philanthropy Tank Class of 2021