By Sharon Aron Baron
A 44-year-old man from Coral Springs was arrested following a domestic battery incident on January 13.
Jason Michael Short was taken into custody after police were called to the 1600 block of NW 91st Ave in reference to a domestic battery.
The victim, who has not been named, told police that she got into a verbal argument with Short over how he prepared her food.
According to the police report, Short allegedly made the victim stand in a corner of the room, during which time he continued to be verbally aggressive with her.
The victim stated that Short then grabbed her by the throat, slammed her to the ground, choked her, and placed his hand over her mouth to muffle her screams, according to the police report.
The victim also suffered red marks on her neck, a scratch on her left jawline, and an adult hand-sized red mark on the right side of her upper thigh, according to police.
Short has been charged with touch or strike battery and domestic violence and was released on $1,000 bail.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2023.02.04Travel to the 16th Century: Join the Magic and Mirth at the 31st Florida Renaissance Festival
- Events2023.02.03The Time-Honored Tradition of Girl Scout Cookie Sales is Here
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Sawgrass Expressway Accident Leaves 2 Injured
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Coral Springs High School Placed on Precautionary Lockdown Due to a Nearby Gun-Related Threat