By: Matt Rothman
The boys and girls varsity golf teams from Marjory Stoneman Douglas participated in the Broward County Championship, winning first place.
Undefeated after winning four matches, they earned a win in their first tournament at the Country Club of Coral Springs on May 10.
The boys came in first and had T.J. Thompson, son of former principal Ty Thompson, in first after he shot 70 (-1). His teammate Devan Chahal played with a 74 (+3).
The Eagles also had Ryan Shimony in third, followed by Jayden Thuraisingham in fourth, followed by Michael Sorensen in fifth.
“We are successful because we play well separately but come together as a team to lift each other up and work with each other to improve parts of the game we need to,” said Head Coach Ernie Rospierski.
Cynthia Liu finished in second place overall individually on the girl’s side as she shot a 72 (+1). MSD also had Madison Lenard and Ella Mamane, both shoot an 84, and Cassidy Charles and Giana Ramos, shoot a 91 and 92, respectively.
Head Coach Devin Schaller is extremely proud of his new players despite having a fraction of what a season normally looks like.
“I’m excited for what next year has in store for us and hope we can once again represent Parkland and Broward County as we did last year,” he said.
Up next, both teams will compete in the Tri-County Championships on Monday, May 17, in the season’s final tournament.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.283 Coral Springs Baseball Players 4A State Champions For North Broward Prep
- News2021.05.22CHAMPIONS AGAIN: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd State Championship in 6 Years
- News2021.05.21BREAKING: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball 1 Win Away From State Championship
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final