By Kevin Deutsch
Christopher Darius, a 2021 graduate of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and a former varsity football player for the Eagles, was killed in a car accident Friday, according to a GoFundMe fundraiser launched for his family.
The school’s football program also confirmed Darius’ death on their Twitter page.
“For those who knew him, they would describe [Darius] to be an enthusiastic young man with a bright future ahead,” wrote the fundraiser’s organizer, Joy Bernadotte. “His favorite things were: spending time with his loved ones and being on the field playing his favorite game…football. We all were looking forward to the things that he would have accomplished. Unfortunately, it was all taken away in one night.”
“On Friday, August 6, 2021, Christopher was in a car accident that tragically ended his life,” according to the fundraiser page. “This was unexpected and has left the whole family devastated.
This tragic accident that took away Chris’s life caused a void in the family that will never be filled. We have received many requests from several people wanting to help by donating.”
The page had raised $5,338 toward its $30,000 goal as of Tuesday afternoon.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- EventsDecember 1, 2023Young Professionals Invited to “Chanukah Candles & Clubs” Party in Coral Springs
- EventsDecember 1, 2023Gallop into Adventure at Spitfire Farm’s Winter Break Equestrian Camps
- EventsNovember 28, 2023School Board Chair Alhadeff Hosts ‘Teen Talk’ on Vaping Prevention
- EventsNovember 28, 2023“Sip, Shop and Celebrate” at Pine & Palm Holiday Market in Coral Springs