By: Sharon Aron Baron
This year, Memorial Day will be celebrated in an unconventional way when the City of Coral Springs takes it online.
To avoid large crowds, the city is honoring our nation’s fallen military by airing a pre-recorded Memorial Day Ceremony on Monday, May 25.
A wreath will be placed at Veteran’s Park for those who wish to stop by and pay their respects to the men and women who lost their lives while serving in the armed forces.
“It is always important to recognize those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom,” said Alexander Falcone, director of Emergency Management and Special Events. “While COVID-19 may have changed the way in which we honor our military personnel, it will not prevent us from observing such an important day.”
The Memorial Day Ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. Residents can view it on CityTV, Blue Stream Channels 25, 25.2, 725, and on AT&T U-Verse Channel 99.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.19Girl Scouts Receive Funding from Coral Springs Community Chest
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Police School Resource Officer Arrested for Solicitation of a Minor
- News2021.01.1916th Annual Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Rescheduled
- News2021.01.19Deadline to Nominate a Coral Springs Resident for Black History Month is Jan 26