By Jill Fox
Memorial services will take place this weekend in honor of Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agents Daniel Alfin and Laura Schwartzenberger, who were killed in the line of duty on February 2.
Each ceremony will take place at the Hard Rock Stadium at 2 p.m. – Special Agent Schwartzenberger’s on Saturday and Special Agent Alfin’s on Sunday. Both are closed to the public due to Covid-19 restrictions.
On Saturday, a processional will take place after a private family mass in Parkland. Heavy law enforcement and helicopters may be in the area during that time. Traffic delays will likely be experienced in both directions on the Sawgrass Expressway as well.
Special Agent Laura Schwartzenberger, 43, originally from Colorado, lived in Coral Springs and is survived by her husband and two sons. In her honor, Governor Ron DeSantis directed the United States and the State of Florida flags to be flown at half-staff at the Broward County Courthouse in Fort Lauderdale, at Parkland City Hall, and the State Capitol on February 6.
Special Agent Daniel Alfin, 36, a New York native, lived in Weston with his wife and son. In his honor, Governor Ron DeSantis directed the United States and the State of Florida flags to be flown at half-staff on February 7 at the Broward County Courthouse, Weston City Hall, and the State Capitol.
Donations can also be made to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation. Born out of the September 11 tragedy, the foundation helps by paying off the mortgages for the fallen agents’ families.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.03.02MEDNAX Awards Four $20,000 Scholarships to Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seniors
- News2021.02.27Chris Hixon Memorial Run Raises $40,000 For Student-Athlete Scholarships
- Events2021.02.27Preparations Underway For Annual ‘Egg My Lawn’ Event Honoring Gina Montalto
- News2021.02.22Hair Color In Only 30 Minutes: Coral Springs Salon Moves In the ‘Root’ Direction