By: Sharon Aron Baron
After running a red light at a Coral Springs intersection, the driver of a motorcycle has died after he was struck by a car.
According to police, on November 21, at approximately 11:13 p.m., Demetrius Jethro Damas, 29, of Sunrise was riding a 2004 Honda sport motorcycle southbound on the 5600 block of Coral Ridge Drive when he failed to stop at a solid red light. This caused him to collide with a 2015 Nissan sedan, driven by David Paul Pettis, 25, of Coral Springs.
Damas suffered serious injuries from the collision, and based on reports from witnesses on scene, never regained consciousness. Pettis immediately rendered aid to Damas, but he was pronounced dead shortly after paramedics with Coral Springs Fire Department arrived.
Coral Springs Police are asking for anyone who witnessed the crash to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Nicolas Cotellese at 954-346-1753.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.27Sawgrass Nature Center Holds 4th Annual Orchid Festival
- News2020.11.26City Distributes 350 Thanksgiving Turkeys to Coral Springs Residents in Need
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students