By: Saraana Jamraj
A motorcyclist suffered life-threatening injuries after a car collided with him in Coral Springs.
On September 3, two vehicles collided at approximately 12:20 p.m. after Yeandrys Iglesias, 31, of Coral Springs, who was driving a Yahama motorcycle northbound on University Drive, collided with Rosalind Edelstein, 71, of Parkland, driving a Mercedes Benz GLE, who turned in front of him to enter the plaza on the east side of the roadway.
According to the police report, the roads were wet due to rain, and a witness stated that the motorcycle was traveling at “a high rate of speed.”
Edelstein was transported for minor injuries to Broward Health Coral Springs and Iglesias was transported for life-threatening injuries to North Broward Hospital.
No citations were issued at the scene. Neither driver was suspected of substance use or distracted driving.
The accident is currently under investigation.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master’s in Mass Communications in 2020 and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.02.16Amazing ‘Angel’ Selflessly Donates Kidney to Coral Springs Employee in Need
- News2021.01.08Woman in Search of Stranger Who Saved Her from Exploding Car
- News2021.01.06Rep Dan Daley Advocates for his District on 5 House Committees
- News2020.12.24Broward County Moves Forward with Curfew in Anticipation of Holiday Covid-19 Spike