By Sharon Aron Baron
Due to the overwhelming demand for COVID-19 testing and the recent closure of the Publix location on Coral Ridge, a new site has opened on Monday.
The State of Florida has opened a COVID-19 testing site located at Florida Panthers IceDen located at 3299 Sportsplex Dr in Coral Springs, according to the city.
This site offers two types of testing. The first is the rapid Covid-19 test, which can return results showing whether the patient is infected the same day instead of the 3-5 day estimated wait for most nasal swab tests.
The site also offers PCR testing, which is more accurate and will detect RNA, or genetic material specific to the virus, within days of infection — even in those who show no symptoms.
Turnaround time for the PCR test is longer, generally in the 2-3 day range, but results can be in as little as 24 hours. When demand is high, results can take a week or longer.
The new testing site, which replaces the Publix Plaza site, will operate daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Starting Wednesday, December 1, the hours will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsMarch 1, 2024Laugh Out Loud with Comedian Ilana Glazer; Broad City Star Heads to Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Broward Health Coral Springs Welcomes Rare Leap Day Baby
- EventsFebruary 29, 2024Sawgrass Nature Center Hosts Family-Friendly “Spring into Spring” Event
- EventsFebruary 27, 2024Earn Service Hours During the 47th Annual Waterway Cleanup in Coral Springs