By: Chris Brunner
The Coral Springs Center for the Arts is offering a fun, theatrical-based summer camp for children and teens this summer in conjunction with Next Stop Broadway, the premier training center for young performers in South Florida.
Part of the summer camp program is the popular Teen Theatre Project for high school culminating in a full-scale, fully designed production. This month the students will be performing “Chicago” Thursday, July 25 and Friday, July 26 at 1:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Set in the legendary city during the roaring “jazz hot” 20s, Chicago tells the story of two rival vaudevillian murderesses locked up in Cook County Jail. Convicted and sent to death row, Roxie and another “Merry Murderess,” Velma Kelly, vie for the spotlight and the headlines, ultimately joining forces in search of the “American Dream”: fame, fortune, and acquittal. This sharp-edged satire features a dazzling score by Kander & Ebb that sparked immortal staging by Bob Fosse.
Tickets for Chicago are $9 for matinees and $18 for evening performances, with student rush tickets available prior to showtime. Tickets are now available for purchase by calling the Box Office at 954-344-5990 or by going online to www.TheCenterCS.com.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed