By Jon Schaefer
While entertaining guests on their patio, a vehicle crashed into the backyard of a Country Club West Home.
At approximately midnight on Saturday, November 27, Clare Pocknee was entertaining friends at the 11700 block of NW 26 Street when an unexpected guest crashed the backyard party.
According to police, the accident happened in the southbound lanes of Coral Ridge Drive. A 24-year-old driver from Pompano Beach alleges a vehicle swerved into the right-hand lane he was driving in, causing him to lose control and crash his 2021 Chevy Malibu into Pocknee’s fence and trees.
The driver was not injured or cited in the accident.
Coral Springs Police report noted that about 100 feet of skid marks were observed from the victim’s car leading to the scene, and the driver claimed the other driver left the scene.
Pocknee believes the accident was the result of drag racing.
“Prior to the accident, we could hear these cars racing up and down the street. We could hear the speed they were going and the revving of engines. This is a continual problem. We hear them all the time.” she said.
In 2020, Pocknee’s next-door neighbor, Julie Motto, had a similar incident where another erratic motorist forced a female driver off the road.
“The car actually made it onto my property; if she didn’t slam into my mango tree, she would have ended up in my pool,” said Motto.
Pocknee and Motto are requesting more guard rails are placed on the sidewalk along Coral Ridge Drive as a preventative measure.
- Jon Schaefer has been a resident of Coral Springs most of his life. He is a 2008 graduate of Coral Springs High School and a 2021 graduate of FAU.
- News2023.02.04Decision Day Looms for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Enrollment Relief: School Board Workshops to Review Community Proposals
- Events2023.01.31Florida Panthers IceDen Holds Free Hockey Festival
- Events2023.01.24The Panthers IceDen Holds Free Hockey Festival
- Events2023.01.16Basser’s Fine Wine Presents Paul Hobbs Cabernet Wine Tasting