By Kevin Maher
Oktoberfest returns to Coral Springs as part of the Downtown Coral Springs signature event series, offering games, food, entertainment, and adult beverages.
The event is on Saturday October 15, from 4 to 10 p.m., and takes place at the Great Lawn of City Hall, located at 9500 W. Sample Road. Admission to the event is free and dressing in Bavarian-themed costumes is encouraged.
Authentic Bavarian cuisine will be available for guests, along with Wurst Schnitzel, Rocked and Loaded Food, and World Famous Eggroll food trucks.
In addition, a beer garden and drink stations will be available, with a ceremonial keg tapping starting at 6 p.m. The available beers include Hofbräu’s Original Lager, Oktoberfest, Hefeweizen, and Dunkel. Angry Orchard Cider and wine will also be available.
Adults can participate in a Beer Stein Race, a Beer Stein-Holding Competition, and a Yodeling Contest. The first-ever Oktoberfest Wiener Dog Race will take place at the event, so Dachshund owners are invited to register their dogs here. Registration 30 minutes prior to the start of the activity at the City of Coral Springs tent is required for participation.
Oktoberfest is a family-friendly event, with the Kinder Carnival offering activities for children. The Carnival features inflatable axe throwing, face painting, a strength contest, German-themed arts and crafts, and photos with King Ludwig. The Swinging Bavarians, a German band, will perform during the event.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- Events2022.12.29FREE: Join the Coral Springs Chess Craze: Meet-Up for Players of All Levels
- Events2022.12.20Join the Coral Springs Chess Craze: Free Meet-Up for Players of All Levels
- News2022.10.15Oktoberfest Returns to Coral Springs Oct 15
- Events2022.09.28‘Thrills & Chills’ Haunted Event Takes Over the Coral Springs Gymnasium