This article has been updated
By: Sharon Aron Baron
A woman and man were stabbed multiple times by a third person who lives with them at the Island Club apartments at Coral Springs.
According to Sergeant Carla Kmiotek, dispatch received a call on Tuesday from 9044 NW 28th at 5:19 p.m. and police were on the scene within two minutes. As they pulled up, a witness directed police towards a male entering a vehicle saying “It’s him, it’s him.” Police detained the suspect at that time.
Other officers were directed to a male laying in the the grass. After an incident took place inside of the third floor apartment at 9022 NW 28th Drive, where a female victim was also stabbed, the male victim exited the apartment, walked downstairs, stumbled in front of another building where he collapsed while telling a witness to call 911.
The male was transported to Broward Health North. The female was airlifted. Both suffered from multiple stab wounds. The male and female are both in their early to mid-40’s and the male suspect is believed to be in his 20’s. The victims are believed to reside with the suspect and may or may not be married to one another.
Police were also able to recover a knife used in this incident. The suspect is being detained at this time.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts