This article has been updated
By: Sharon Aron Baron
A woman and man were stabbed multiple times by a third person who lives with them at the Island Club apartments at Coral Springs.
According to Sergeant Carla Kmiotek, dispatch received a call on Tuesday from 9044 NW 28th at 5:19 p.m. and police were on the scene within two minutes. As they pulled up, a witness directed police towards a male entering a vehicle saying “It’s him, it’s him.” Police detained the suspect at that time.
Other officers were directed to a male laying in the the grass. After an incident took place inside of the third floor apartment at 9022 NW 28th Drive, where a female victim was also stabbed, the male victim exited the apartment, walked downstairs, stumbled in front of another building where he collapsed while telling a witness to call 911.
The male was transported to Broward Health North. The female was airlifted. Both suffered from multiple stab wounds. The male and female are both in their early to mid-40’s and the male suspect is believed to be in his 20’s. The victims are believed to reside with the suspect and may or may not be married to one another.
Police were also able to recover a knife used in this incident. The suspect is being detained at this time.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses