By: Chris Brunner
Coral Springs High School Assistant Principal Patricia Brown was named Broward County Public Schools’ Assistant Principal of the Year at the 2017 Caliber Awards Ceremony.
Held at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center in Fort Lauderdale, the annual Caliber Awards recognizes and honors the exemplary leadership, hard work and dedication of the District’s outstanding teachers, principals, assistant principals and school-related/District employees.
A hard-working instructional leader, Brown focuses on the academic inclusion of a culturally diverse student population at Coral Springs High School. She creates and nurtures a positive learning environment to facilitate student achievement and her mentoring initiatives positively impacted at-risk students and increased the graduation rate for Coral Springs High.
“A star, revolutionary and trailblazer,” are words used by former Principal Susan Leon-Leigh to describe Brown. She works tirelessly to build relationships that provide answers to the latest challenges in education.
Assistant Principal of the Year Finalists
David Argent, Coral Springs Middle School
Janet Calamaro, Nova Blanche Forman Elementary School
Patricia Genhold, Bair Middle School
Marie Hautigan, Fort Lauderdale High School
Sophia Myers, North Fork Elementary School
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed