A pedestrian was hospitalized after a driver hit him as he crossed Sample Road early Monday morning.
Steven Ventimiglia, 41, of Coral Springs was struck by Tracy Unger, 42, also of Coral Springs around 5:30 a.m.
Coral Springs Police are investigating whether the man was in a crosswalk when he was hit and whether the driver will face charges.
Ventimiglia may have been crossing eastbound across Sample Road and Unger was heading northbound on Coral Ridge Drive when he was struck in the intersection.
The investigation into the accident is ongoing and at this time, no one has been charged. Anyone with information can contact Traffic Officer Chris Swinson @ (954)346-1749
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home
- News2021.02.25Congress Reintroduce Bipartisan EAGLES Act Mass Violence Prevention Bill