By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades’ Jocelyn Perez is officially headed to college to play flag football.
“From the moment my coach told me they’ve finally started adding flag football to several colleges, I’ve been determined ever since to make sure I work hard to get to continue doing what I love and experience it at a college level,” said Perez.
Perez, who only began playing football in 2020, also played basketball and volleyball. Along with her family, Perez gives so much credit to Head Coach Can Thomas. Despite coaching the varsity football and wrestling team, Coach Thomas still pushes all his athletes and has been Perez’s number one motivator, she says.
Greatful for @CoachCam_CGHS for helping me become the athlete and player i am today. I am onto bigger things now and proud to say i’m 100% committed to @UFTL_WFlagFb 💛❤️🖤 #GoEagles! pic.twitter.com/U4F3U3SmED
— Jocelyn Perez (@JocelynPerez_) June 19, 2022
While flag football is not a sport that all universities offer, Perez wanted to find a school that had it. Still, her landing spot didn’t need to be the team with the biggest reputation or stats.
“My decision came down to the determination of the coaches and how much they work and push us to believe in ourselves individually and together as one team,” Perez said.
After meeting with the coaches and attending practices for their G2WSPORTZ, she knew it was the right spot for her.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.08.12Brianna Dawson Named New Varsity Volleyball Coach at Coral Glades
- News2022.08.06Coral Springs Charter Goaltender Kelsey Dunne Commits to Play College Soccer
- News2022.08.04Coral Springs Resident Joey Colosi Commits to Play College Football
- Events2022.08.03Coral Glades High School Set to Host Jaguar Expedition For New Students