By: Sharon Aron Baron
Early voting began on Monday at the Northwest Regional Library and voters were lining up all day to cast their ballots.
If you missed voting today, it will continue through November 6 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily. And if you don’t care to visit the polls, the last day to request a vote-by-mail ballot to be mailed is Wednesday, November 2, at 5:00 p.m.
The general election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at the local poll on your voter’s registration card.
Coral Springs and Parkland residents can head over to two convenient places to vote:
Northwest Regional Library
3151 University Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33065
and Enrichment Center
10559 Trails End
Parkland, FL. 33076
They can even speak to many of the candidates outside of the no-campaigning zone that will be happy to tell you more about themselves.
Important elections: Besides our presidential and senatorial races, residents can make important changes to local government by voting for a new Broward County Commissioner who will represent Coral Springs along with a city commissioner race. If you live in Parkland, you can vote for a new mayor or city commissioner.
There are also charter amendments on the county level that need your attention as well, as well as the Penny Tax. And don’t be fooled by the Amendment 1 that appears to be for the sun. It’s deceptive and funded by the big power companies and is anything but pro-solar.
Diane Yousefi, from Coral Springs, was out supporting Candidate Karen Jones who’s running for Coral Springs City Commissioner.
This man, who called himself “Batman” was against Donald Trump
Aimee Vignola, of Coral Springs and a student from JP Taravella support candidate and current City Commissioner Larry Vignola for reelection to the City Commission. Aimee is the wife of Larry Vignola.
A volunteer and Parkland Mayor and candidate for Broward County Commission, Michael Udine at the library on Monday.
Trump supporters in front of their large sign at the Northwest Regional Library on Monday.
This woman, who did not want her photo taken, wants you to “Vote No on Amendment 1.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses