By: Sharon Aron Baron
Police have arrested in the murder of a 48-year-old Coral Springs man on October 29.
At 9 p.m. at 3823 NW 72nd Drive – near Sample and Rock Island Roads, Hicksbert Dwight Grant was shot by an attacker.
The Coral Springs Police Department, with the assistance of the Coconut Creek Police Department, arrested Tevaughn Jerome Campbell, 27, of Coconut Creek, on November 7, 2019, for first-degree murder in the shooting death of Grant, 48.
According to a neighbor, he was shot twice in the chest. CBS4 reported that Grant had lived there with his wife and six-year-old daughter. One neighbor said they had lived there for 30 years and nothing like this has happened there before.
Due to a collaborated effort between jurisdictions, Campbell was arrested and is being held with no bond.
Despite the arrest, the Coral Springs Police Department Crimes Against Person Unit is still actively investigating the incident and encourages anyone with information regarding the shooting to contact Detectives Koenig 954-346-1229 or Detective Randazzo 954-346-1262.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.28Drop Off Hazardous Materials at 2 Different Dates and Locations in December
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Hopes for a Little Holiday Magic with Home Decor Contest
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Holds Virtual Tree-Lighting Ceremony
- News2020.11.27Sawgrass Nature Center Holds 4th Annual Orchid Festival