By Kevin Deutsch
Police have arrested a man they say stole property from an unlocked car in Coral Springs, authorities said Thursday.
On July 13, 2021, Coral Springs Police detectives busted Jevaughn Ruddock, 19, for a vehicle burglary that took place about 4:19 a.m., according to police.
Ruddock was seen entering an unlocked car in the 5000 block of NW 125th Avenue, then running away before officers arrived. He was located with the help of the Broward Sheriff’s Office Aviation Unit and arrested without incident, police said.
Property taken from the vehicle was returned to the owner, police said.
Ruddock was taken to the Broward Main Jail and charged with burglary of an unoccupied conveyance, as well as two outstanding warrants for cannabis and THC possession, records show. As of Thursday night, he was being held at the jail on a $1,500 bond.
“Please let this be a reminder to all of our residents; Our officers are out here working to keep you safe, but we ask you to please remove your valuables and lock your cars to encourage these criminals to move along,” the police department said in a Facebook post announcing Ruddock’s arrest. “If you see something suspicious, please call 954-344-1800.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2021.08.03Broward Schools Backtrack on Mask Mandate After Governor’s Order
- News2021.08.02Coral Springs Woman Charged in Killing Sent to Halfway House
- Crime & Safety2021.08.01Coral Springs Police Officer Charged With Battery
- Crime & Safety2021.07.31Technology Designed To Thwart Mass Shooters Now Active in Coral Springs