By Kevin Deutsch
Coral Springs Police arrested a man they caught having sex with a woman in her car at Coral Square mall after discovering an illegal Oxycodone pill and nearly $10,000 cash in his possession, court records show.
Reginald Collins, 23, at Margate, was having intercourse with the woman in her gray Toyota parked at the mall at 9649 W. Atlantic Blvd. on June 14, according to an arrest affidavit.
Police conducting surveillance at the mall spotted the couple. They said they smelled freshly smoked marijuana in the car and had cause to search the vehicle, records show.
Inside, they discovered the opioid pill and a black bag packed with $9,866 in cash tied with rubber bands, the affidavit states.
The money was seized from Collins under forfeiture laws, police said.
As police brought Collins to a patrol vehicle, he allegedly refused to get in, kicking his legs and “striking me in the chest area,” a police officer wrote.
The officer struck Collins multiple times and, with the help of other officers on the scene, got him into the backseat, the affidavit states.
Collins was charged with possession of oxycodone, battery on an officer, and violating his probation for previous charges of aggravated battery and criminal mischief, records show.
He was being held without bond Saturday at the Broward Main Jail.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.07.01Coral Springs Woman Killed By County Bus
- Crime & Safety2022.06.29Antisemitic Pamphlets Left at Homes in Parkland and Coral Springs
- Crime & Safety2022.06.27“I Fear For My Life”: Woman’s Social Media Post Leads to Attacker’s Arrest
- News2022.06.27Coral Springs Crime Update: $17K Grand Theft on University Drive