By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Police received two threats regarding a bomb threat at Walmart and on the life of a March for our Lives activist.
Police were called to the scene at 10:28 a.m. to the Walmart Supercenter at 6001 Coral Ridge Drive after receiving a phone call there was a bomb located inside the store. All customers and employees were evacuated and according to Detective Bruna, nothing suspicious was found. The store resumed business as usual an hour later.
In a second incident, a caller threatened the home of March For Our Lives activist Sarah Chadwick in the Wyndham Lakes community. So far they have found no threat and believe this was another “swatting” call. Last week, both David Hogg and Cameron Kasky were both victims of swatting hoaxes. Broward County Sheriff’s Criminal Investigations Unit is still investigating the swatting calls in Parkland.
Bruna said police believe that the calls were made by the same person.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1