By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Police received two threats regarding a bomb threat at Walmart and on the life of a March for our Lives activist.
Police were called to the scene at 10:28 a.m. to the Walmart Supercenter at 6001 Coral Ridge Drive after receiving a phone call there was a bomb located inside the store. All customers and employees were evacuated and according to Detective Bruna, nothing suspicious was found. The store resumed business as usual an hour later.
In a second incident, a caller threatened the home of March For Our Lives activist Sarah Chadwick in the Wyndham Lakes community. So far they have found no threat and believe this was another “swatting” call. Last week, both David Hogg and Cameron Kasky were both victims of swatting hoaxes. Broward County Sheriff’s Criminal Investigations Unit is still investigating the swatting calls in Parkland.
Bruna said police believe that the calls were made by the same person.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive