By: Sharon Aron Baron
A debate between commissioner candidates Dr. Mark Gendal and Dan Daley took place last week at the Coral Springs Charter School
Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Broward, the debate went smoothly, and both men seemed prepared for the array of questions. The moderator had a tough time with Dr. Gendal’s name, calling him “Jindal.” Gendal kept his cool during the faux pas and never corrected the moderator. It took a few audience members to straighten out the pronunciation issue with the moderator, who then decided to play it safe and call him “Mark.”
Some highlights: Question about crime, public safety, and changes they would make to police and fire. They also discussed property taxes and were asked if they ever saw a situation where they would support an increase.
The tension is broken around 13 minutes and 15 seconds in when Gendel receives a phone call from his wife who was out of town. What would have been really been positive if he had actually taken the call. However, in true professional form, he went back to discussing the budget.
Both candidates have a lot of passion and knowledge about the city, making this race a hard one to determine the outcome.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event