By Ryan Yousefi
A food and safety inspection by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation last week led to the closing of a restaurant in Coral Springs after live roaches were found.
Following a complaint, on April 19, Sakru Japan located at 9417 West Atlantic Blvd inside of the Coral Square Mall, received an inspection.
The inspection revealed that the restaurant had nine violations, leading to its emergency closure pending an additional inspection of the issues once addressed.
According to the inspection report, the most severe of the nine violations discovered was the discovery of live roach activity.
The report shows the inspector found three live roaches crawling on a wall by the mop sink area that is located next to a three-compartment sink.
Additionally, the inspector found two dead roaches on the floor by the mop sink next to the back door exit. All areas were cleaned and sanitized on site as the inspector documented the issues.
The report also shows Sakru received notice of multiple additional violations, including raw animal food that was stored over or with ready-to-eat food in a freezer.
One example noted in the inspection report was a container of raw salmon that was found coupled with overcooked shrimp.
The inspectors also found that oil and soy sauce were stored under the handwashing sink drain pipe on the cook line, a possible serious health risk.
Sakru was closed until all violations were confirmed to be corrected and a follow-up inspection is conducted.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Events2023.06.01Rapids Water Park Honors South Florida Teachers with ‘Educator Appreciation Day’ June 10
- Crime & Safety2023.05.30Man Carrying a Concealed Sword inside of Urgent Care Waiting Room Faces Charges
- Crime & Safety2023.05.277 Unrestrained Children, Open Beer Bottle: Coral Springs Resident Faces 27 Charges Following Car Accident
- Crime & Safety2023.05.27Coral Springs Police Arrest Suspect for Premeditated Murder After a Night of Chaos in Coconut Creek