By Ryan Yousefi
A local fitness guru has planned a special workout session to help raise funds for an animal shelter in danger of closing its doors.
On Saturday, August 19, at 9:00 a.m., Intense Training, located at 10874 Wiles Road, is set to host a Save The Animals Workout aimed at raising funds that will go toward supporting the Good Karma Pet Rescue of South Florida, a Pompano-based animal shelter that rescues and rehomes animals in need.
Kerry Giacomino, a 30-year veteran of the fitness industry, tells Coral Springs Talk the event blends two of her biggest passions – physical fitness and a love for animals.
“I began doing fundraiser workouts because I noticed that many people who are passionate about health and fitness also share a deep love for animals,” Giacomino said.
“By bringing together fitness enthusiasts and animal lovers through these events, we can contribute to the rescue’s ongoing efforts to save animals and find them forever homes.”
Good Karma Pet Rescue, known for its dedication to animal welfare, faces overwhelming challenges due to the increasing number of animals needing help.
Giacomino says she volunteers at the Good Karma, where she witnessed firsthand the incredible work the shelter does in finding loving homes for thousands of animals each year.
Determined to make a difference, Giacomino took the initiative to organize a series of fundraiser workouts aimed at generating much-needed funds for the shelter’s survival.
She said the Intense Training workout promises to be a boot camp circuit-style class led by some of the best instructors in the area.
The session will include a mix of cardio, weightlifting, conditioning, kettlebell flow, and other exhilarating exercises, ensuring participants of all fitness levels, from beginners to advanced, will find the workout as challenging as they do uplifting.
While attendees are there for a good workout and to help the shelter, Giacomino says they’ll have an opportunity to go one step further in their support.
“One of the most rewarding aspects of these events is that we have adoptable animals present,” Giacomino explained. “Many times, attendees adopt these adorable animals right on the spot, creating beautiful moments of joy and love.”
The event welcomes participants to contribute a recommended donation of $25, with all proceeds going directly to the Good Karma Pet Rescue, enabling them to continue their life-saving work for animals in distress.
Those interested in attending the ‘Save The Animals’ workout can text Giacomino at 954-415-3947 to sign-up.
Payment will be accepted via Zelle or in cash on the day of the workout.
“If you have a passion for health and a passion for animals, then you don’t want to miss this event,” Giacomino said.
“Your participation will make a meaningful impact in the lives of these animals and provide them with a chance for a brighter future.”
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 1, 2023Coral Springs Police Issue Urgent Warning In Response to Rising Check Theft
- Crime & SafetyNovember 30, 2023Man Caught on Surveillance Masturbating Outside Coral Springs Business Plaza
- EventsNovember 30, 2023Celebrate Chanukah with Family Fun in Coral Springs
- EventsNovember 30, 2023The Walk of Coral Springs Annual Toys for Tots Drive Part of Local 10’s Big Bus Toy Express