By: Chris Brunner
The delicate and graceful orchid has been a coveted symbol of love for many centuries. Lovers of this ornamental plant will gather to marvel at its beauty during Sawgrass Nature Center’s Second Annual Orchid & Plant Festival.
On April 7 and 8, more than 20 orchid, plant and garden art vendors are expected after the festival’s extremely successful debut in 2017 where more than 1,100 people attended. The public will also be able to meet some of the nature center’s fascinating wildlife ambassadors, as well as enjoy delicious food and lively entertainment.
All proceeds will benefit the non-profit organization that provides environmental education programs focused on South Florida’s unique, fragile Everglades and its many resident species. It also rescues and provides expert care for injured and orphaned wildlife at no cost to the public.
The Coral Springs Sawgrass Nature Center & Wildlife Hospital Second Annual Orchid & Plant Festival will be held on April 7 & 8 from 9:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Admission is $7.
Visit www.sawgrassnaturecenter.org, call 954-752-WILD (9453). Located at 3000 Sportsplex Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33065.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed