By: Sharon Aron Baron
The delicate and graceful orchid has been a coveted symbol of love for many centuries. Lovers of this ornamental plant will gather to marvel at its beauty during Sawgrass Nature Center’s 3rd Annual Orchid & Plant Festival.
Held on Saturday, April 6 and Sunday, April 7, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. the Festival will allow orchid enthusiasts, and plant lovers in general, the opportunity to vividly experience – and purchase – diverse, colorful and fragrant varieties of orchids, tropical plants, herbs and fruit trees sold by over 20 local vendors.
The orchids and tropical plants, though, are only the beginning. This exciting two-day event will be held in Coral Springs and will offer something for everyone to enjoy, including garden art, food vendors, cocktails, birds of prey, live animals, music and much more!
All proceeds will benefit the non-profit organization that provides environmental education programs focused on South Florida’s unique, fragile Everglades and its many resident species. The wildlife hospital also provides expert rehabilitative care for injured and orphaned native wildlife at no cost to the public.
The entry fee for the Orchid Festival is $7 per person and includes entry to the center’s exhibits and parking is free.
The Sawgrass Nature Center & Wildlife Hospital is located at 3000 Sportsplex Drive Coral Springs, Florida 33065.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.25Congress Reintroduce Bipartisan EAGLES Act Mass Violence Prevention Bill
- News2021.02.25Coral Springs Man Becomes a Millionaire After Routine Visit to Grocery Store
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs Teen Among Elite Group of Students Named to Philanthropy Tank Class of 2021
- News2021.02.23CVS Will Offer COVID-19 Vaccinations Said Gov DeSantis