By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs announced the Springs Soccer Club (SSC) as the city’s official travel soccer program.
The goal of the SSC is to provide a fully comprehensive and strategic roadmap to building a community-driven soccer club. Commitment to the program is vital for players’ success, and the SSC believes this program is perfect for children who express a keen interest in the sport.
Executive Director Roger Thomas holds multiple certifications that have escalated him to his current position; certifications include – United States Soccer Federation (USSF), A License, NSCAA Advanced National License, as well as NSCAA Director of Coaching License.
“Our club aims to maximize each player’s potential and growth,” said Thomas, “and we work tirelessly to turn their potential into excellence.”
Following their Long-Term Player Development model, the SCC works to develop players’ technical, tactical, physical, and social/psychological skills. They offer programs for age groups: U8, U8 – U11, U12 – U15, U16 – U19, in addition to Goalkeeping Training and Performance Training.
The SSC works to accomplish its mission: to assist soccer programs, communities, families, and players through education and training that focuses on developing competitive athletes, outstanding citizens, and strong leaders.
Their fun learning environment prepares players to compete at their highest level, regardless if they are on or off the field, through education, commitment, and training.
“We are thrilled to welcome the Springs Soccer Club to our city,” said Robert Hunter, City Parks Interim Director. “The quality and competence of the coaching staff and programs offered is exceptional and will, without a doubt, benefit our entire community.”
Registration is open and looking for new players to join the club. To register, visit the SSC website.
Got News? Send a message to Coral Springs #1 news site.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1