By Sharon Aron Baron
During the recent special session in Tallahassee, State Rep. Dan Daley (D-Coral Springs) worked to address critical issues facing the state, including property insurance, disaster relief, and toll relief.
Daley, who was officially re-elected to the Florida House of Representatives in November, expressed his gratitude for being entrusted with the privilege of serving in the Florida House of Representatives, calling it an absolute honor.
During the recent special session in Tallahassee, members of the legislature debated and voted on three bills. The first, SB 2-A, sought to address the property insurance crisis in the State. “Unfortunately, I felt that this bill did not go far enough to make property insurance more affordable and available, and I voted against it. Despite my opposition, the bill was passed through the House,” said Daley.
The second, SB 4-A, was a disaster relief bill that provided financial and other aid to people and governments affected by Hurricanes Ian and Nicole. “I was pleased to support this bill, which will provide much-needed assistance to those who have been impacted by these storms.”
District 96 includes parts of Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Sunrise. The Regular Session will convene on March 7, 2023.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2023.02.03The Time-Honored Tradition of Girl Scout Cookie Sales is Here
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Sawgrass Expressway Accident Leaves 2 Injured
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Coral Springs High School Placed on Precautionary Lockdown Due to a Nearby Gun-Related Threat
- Events2023.01.31Free Concerts Return at ‘The Walk on Wednesday’s’ in Coral Springs