By: Sharon Aron Baron
Marjory Stoneman Douglas Hockey advances to the USA High School National Championships in Virginia to compete against other top teams around the country.
“The boys are so excited and we are so very proud of them,” said team spokesperson Melissa Luboff.
Led by Head Coach Alan Luboff and Assistant Coaches Robert Leon and Matthew Smith, the Douglas team is one of two teams in the State that will advance to the USA Hockey High School National Championships said Luboff.
“It is a huge accomplishment for our team since we rarely practice and are funded solely by our families,” she said.
Nationals are being held in Reston, Virginia on March 17-21, and the team is hoping to raise money through various fundraisers to help defray the costs of travel. The first fundraiser is at Wings Plus on Wednesday, March 2 from 4 p.m to closing where proceeds of all sales will go towards the team when you mention Douglas Hockey.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21
- Events2021.06.14TICKET ALERT: Comedian Whitney Cummings Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2021.06.13Independence Day Celebrations are Back with Live Music and Spectacular Fireworks Show
- Events2021.06.10Veterans Coalition Holds Annual Flag Day Ceremony in Coral Springs