By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Square Mall was on lockdown early Saturday morning after a jewelry store owner tried to kill his employee before turning the gun on himself.
Police were dispatched to a shooting at Fast-Fix Jewelry and Watch repair inside of Coral Square Mall at 9469 W. Atlantic Boulevard. When officers arrived, they discovered store owner Gus Kiriazis, 59, dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, and a second male, later identified as store employee Antonio Ferrer, 52, who appeared to be in critical condition after being shot several times.
So far the investigation has revealed that Kiriazis had shot his employee several times and then committed suicide by shooting himself.
According to Coral Springs Detective Ernesto Bruna, Ferrer was transported to Broward Health North where he is currently in stable condition.
At this time detectives are still investigating the motive for the shooting.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.23National Fraternal Order of Police Reports 371 Law Enforcement Officers Have Died From COVID-19
- News2021.01.22Effective Immediately Coral Springs COVID-19 Vaccine Site to Requires Proof of Florida Residency
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8