By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Square Mall was on lockdown early Saturday morning after a jewelry store owner tried to kill his employee before turning the gun on himself.
Police were dispatched to a shooting at Fast-Fix Jewelry and Watch repair inside of Coral Square Mall at 9469 W. Atlantic Boulevard. When officers arrived, they discovered store owner Gus Kiriazis, 59, dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, and a second male, later identified as store employee Antonio Ferrer, 52, who appeared to be in critical condition after being shot several times.
So far the investigation has revealed that Kiriazis had shot his employee several times and then committed suicide by shooting himself.
According to Coral Springs Detective Ernesto Bruna, Ferrer was transported to Broward Health North where he is currently in stable condition.
At this time detectives are still investigating the motive for the shooting.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2019.08.19Young Chef’s Academy Holds ‘Open House’ in Coral Springs
- Crime & Safety2019.08.19Crash on Sawgrass Expressway Leaves One Victim Dead
- Eat2019.08.19There’s Only a Short Wait Until Five Guys Opening Date
- Crime & Safety2019.08.16Man Arrested in 1983 Coral Springs Sexual Battery Case Thanks to DNA Evidence