By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Square Mall was on lockdown early Saturday morning after a jewelry store owner tried to kill his employee before turning the gun on himself.
Police were dispatched to a shooting at Fast-Fix Jewelry and Watch repair inside of Coral Square Mall at 9469 W. Atlantic Boulevard. When officers arrived, they discovered store owner Gus Kiriazis, 59, dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, and a second male, later identified as store employee Antonio Ferrer, 52, who appeared to be in critical condition after being shot several times.
So far the investigation has revealed that Kiriazis had shot his employee several times and then committed suicide by shooting himself.
According to Coral Springs Detective Ernesto Bruna, Ferrer was transported to Broward Health North where he is currently in stable condition.
At this time detectives are still investigating the motive for the shooting.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.30Embrace Your Wild Side at Camp Wild Over Thanksgiving Break
- News2020.10.28Church by the Glades Holds 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Event
- News2020.10.27Artist Honors the Military in ‘Soldier Stories’ at the Coral Springs Museum of Art
- News2020.10.27Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Wednesday