By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tickets are on sale now for the 9th Annual “Every Sole Counts” Dinner and Auction for In Jacob’s Shoes, a local charity providing new and gently used shoes, backpacks, school supplies and athletic gear for children in need.
Formed in honor of Jacob S. Zweig, who was tragically killed at the age of 17, he is remembered for his love of volunteering which inspired many people in his short life. In 2008, his parents Murray and Harlene Zweig created In Jacob’s Shoes to honor his memory by providing children in need with shoes for school.
Since its inception, In Jacob’s Shoes has provided 15,000 – 20,000 pairs of shoes and 500 – 1,000 backpacks with school supplies annually to children and families in need living in Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade Counties.
“These children are from all backgrounds, including those who are homeless or at the risk of being homeless, living in poverty, living in shelters, living in foster care or youth who have aged out of foster care, said Harlene who added they support over 120 local shelters, social service agencies, schools and charities.
This year’s event honorees are Joe and Toni Mastrullo, of Boynton Beach – Lifetime Achievement Award; Parkland City Commissioner Ken Cutler – Community Leadership Award; Elise Goldman of Boynton Beach and Ileen Messinger, former Coral Springs resident, now living in Delray Beach – Star Volunteer Awards.
The evening will include cocktails, dinner and live and silent auctions including vacation stays, jewelry, beauty & spa treatments, golf packages, art work, restaurant and shopping sprees, sports memorabilia and more.
Harlene said that 100 percent of the proceeds from their annual “Every Sole Counts” dinner and auction supports In Jacob’s Shoes and their efforts to make sure kids in need in South Florida are able to attend school prepared, participate in athletics and extra curricular activities so they can succeed and walk with dignity.
Held on Thursday, April 25, 5:30 p.m. at at Boca West Country Club at 20583 Boca W. Dr, Boca Raton, Tickets are $150 per person. For tickets, sponsorship, and more information please visit www.injacobsshoes.org or contact 954- 905-2505.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.23Video: Patient at Broward Health Coral Springs Celebrates 101st Birthday
- News2020.09.23Sawgrass Nature Center Raising Funds for Environmental Education Project for Title 1 Schools
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’