By Sharon Aron Baron
Once again, WPLG’s Big Bus Toy Express will stop at two Tropical Financial Credit branches to pick up new, unwrapped toys for the Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots program.
“We are once again excited to partner with WPLG and the Marine Corps Reserve for the Big Bus Toy Express,” said Rich Helber, CEO/President of Tropical Financial Credit Union. “It’s been a very challenging year with the pandemic, but the bus must roll on so we can make sure kids in our community have presents to open for the holiday.”
The public is invited to come by and drop off toys and meet Local 10 news anchors Kristi Krueger and Eric Yutzy, who will be holding live reports.
The annual collection drive takes place Friday, December 11, starting at the credit union’s Kendall branch at 10510 SW 88th St. at 6 a.m. and finishing at the Coral Springs branch at 8947 W. Atlantic Boulevard, Coral Springs, around 6 p.m.
The Big Bus Toy Express makes several other stops in between.
All activity takes place outside the branches, social distancing will be enforced, and masks will be required for everyone. Tropical Financial will hand out complimentary masks to anyone who does not have one.
If someone is interested in donating a toy but cannot make it in person on December 11, they are invited to drop it off at any Tropical Financial branch in Miami-Dade or Broward County. Visit www.tropicalfcu.com for a list of all locations.
For more information on the Local 10 Big Bus Toy Express, visit local10.com.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsMarch 1, 2024Laugh Out Loud with Comedian Ilana Glazer; Broad City Star Heads to Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Broward Health Coral Springs Welcomes Rare Leap Day Baby
- EventsFebruary 29, 2024Sawgrass Nature Center Hosts Family-Friendly “Spring into Spring” Event
- EventsFebruary 27, 2024Earn Service Hours During the 47th Annual Waterway Cleanup in Coral Springs