By Sharon Aron Baron
Two people were killed in a collision in Lighthouse Point early Saturday morning, including a Coral Springs woman.
On January 23, the Broward Sheriff’s Office and Lighthouse Point police responded to the two-vehicle crash at Northeast 49th Street and North Federal Highway at approximately 1:30 a.m.
According to the investigators, Dana Raymond, 34 of Coral Springs, was traveling southbound in a 2017 Kia Optima on North Federal Highway when she struck a 2011 Hyundai Tucson driven by Justin Waldron, 38, of Lighthouse Point. Waldron was stopped at the light.
The impact caused Raymond’s vehicle to become fully engulfed in fire and Waldron’s vehicle to become partially engulfed. Waldron died on the scene of the crash.
According to Raymond’s mother, Nikki Raymond, her daughter was on disability for a liver ailment and may have suffered a medical episode while behind the wheel.
Surveillance from a nearby business captured the accident. It shows a white SUV stopped at a red light at the intersection, then another car driving southbound on U.S. 1 crashes into it.
Raymond was able to be removed from her vehicle and was transported to Broward Health North, where she later died.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.07Register Now for the ‘King of Coral Springs’ Chess Tournament in Coral Springs
- News2021.05.06Pet Therapy Dogs Delivers Message in Honor of National Nurses Week
- News2021.05.06City of Coral Springs Facilities Still Require Face Masks, Despite Executive Order
- News2021.05.06Pet Supermarket Honors a ‘Teacher’s Pet’ that Helps Students Learn