By: Sharon Aron Baron
A video released by the Broward Sheriff’s Office provides Nikolas Cruz’s movements during the six minutes and 45 seconds he spent inside the school building.
On Tuesday the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission held their first meeting at the Broward College North Campus in Coconut Creek to identify and address issues that occurred at the Parkland school.
The video diagram was put together from witness interviews and their review of security video footage from inside the building.
Beginning at 2:20 p.m. Cruz is represented as a black dot on the video with a line representing the AR-15 rifle. Students in the 1200 building are represented with green dots and school staff as blue dots. As a bullets strikes each person, the color of that dot changes to either purple for the dead or yellow for injured.
According to the Sun Sentinel, although the animation showed only dots moving around on a map, several people cried and parents of the victims said they found it very disturbing.
“I knew which dot was my daughter so it was pretty brutal for me,” said Andrew Pollack, whose 18-year-old daughter Meadow was murdered.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1
- News2020.11.28Drop Off Hazardous Materials at 2 Different Dates and Locations in December