By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs students are the winners each year after the “Golfing for the King” Golf Classic — where proceeds go to scholarships benefiting high school seniors.
This year the 14th Annual event will be dedicated in honor of the late Mayor Skip Campbell, who died at the age of 69 in 2018 during his term.
The golf tournament Through the Coral Springs Martin Luther King, Jr. Committee, more than 120 high school seniors have received scholarships in varying amounts based primarily on financial need.
The students will apply the scholarship money towards their tuition costs at a university or other educational institution of their choice. The scholarship is available to high school seniors who live in Coral Springs and attend one of the following five high schools: J.P. Taravella, Coral Springs High School, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, Coral Springs Charter, and Coral Glades High.
Since the scholarship program is entirely dependent upon the generous contributions of individuals and corporations, all donations to this cause and participation in the tournament are vital and much-needed and are tax-deductible as well.
Donations for raffle prizes are needed as well to assist in raising funds. If you would like to donate a raffle prize, your name will be displayed during the auction and mentioned at the event.
Held on Friday, March 13, 2020, registration begins at 7 am, and a shotgun start is at 8 am. Registration fee includes breakfast, beverages on the course, and an awards luncheon. An individual costs $150, and a foursome is $600. The deadline to register is Monday at 5 pm.
For more details, visit www.CoralSprings.org/mlkgolf.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.26City Distributes 350 Thanksgiving Turkeys to Coral Springs Residents in Need
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving