By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs High School is officially sending two track and field stars to St. Thomas University in Miami to continue their athletic career.
Darnel Charite competed in multiple events but had his most success in the shot put, including a first-place finish in the BCAA Group Meet. His best mark came in Districts when he finished with a score of 13.14m to come in second and also finished sixth in Regionals. Charite had ten top-five finishes in 2023 and also placed in the top ten in the javelin and discus. In his lone 4 x 100 relay, Charite helped his team come in second in the City Championship.
Malaki Christian will also attend St. Thomas University after dominating on the track with the Colts. He mostly competed in hurdles and took first three times in the 100 hurdles with a best time of 15.45. He also placed third in districts and fourth in the Region while also competing in the postseason in the 400 hurdles, 4 x 100, and 4 x 400.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- EventsOctober 1, 2023Register Now for the Saint Andrew Catholic Parish 20th Annual Golf Tournament
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Rivalry Night: Coral Springs Charter Football Faces Off Against J.P. Taravella
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Dominates Pig Bowl: Coral Springs Principal Kisses the Pig
- NewsSeptember 28, 20234 Middle School Cross Country Teams Compete in Race